Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in San Bernadino? Normally, there are three significant sectors of your residence for video surveillance: your front door, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. While your installation team will be able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Main Entrance
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would make an effort to just stroll through the front door, 34% of invasions occur at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other risks to consider. A video doorbell is perfect to tackle all of these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you can speak with people who come and engage the doorbell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can reply to all engagements with two-direction audio and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. When someone attempts something questionable, you can have your video doorbell document the event on video and send it to your smartphone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting undertaking. Fortunately, there are a handful of recommendations to help ensure your property is defended properly.
- Corners of your San Bernadino house offer an impressive viewing angle, letting you see two segments of your exterior.
- Right under an overhanging eave or straight into a length of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partially concealed by your home.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing access point for invaders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a deck or back door -- or any entryway not visible from the sidewalk.
For each installation, you should always prune any brush and branches that might obstruct your view.
Tips To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in San Bernadino. However, the added versatility does mean there are other installation variables to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight through a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Direct the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: Similar to an observation deck, a security camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras on top of bookcases or mounted on the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to protect you if it’s broken. Install your security cameras where kids and your furry friends can’t interact with them. Consider mounting or a different method of attaching them to ensure they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. However, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to hide your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (909) 247-3368 or submit the form below to start your project.