How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In San Bernadino
You know you need to protect your home. Above all else, it’s where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the ideal form of home protection? Determining if you should get 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief choices you need to make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in San Bernadino and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system connects to a professional monitoring team that is prepared to act at any moment. Whenever a door sensor triggers or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring professionals are issued a warning instantaneously. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and send the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional backup. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you have to respond to resolve it. This option is the less expensive route, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In San Bernadino
Here’s a short breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support in place is always a good choice. If you are not on site, not awake, or don’t have your phone, your residence and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll respond faster to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems may make you eligible for a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and smooth integration: When you get equipment, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will enjoy a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Countless residents would rather have the job completed by skilled experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In San Bernadino
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some may think of this as a benefit as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an installation charge. Other residents may prefer going with an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may incorporate devices whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. However, you could find integrating into a seamless system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance will lead to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No assistance hooking up the system: If you need a helping hand during an install, you might have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In San Bernadino
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in San Bernadino from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the best solution for you. Contact (909) 247-3368 today to speak with our security experts.