How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In San Bernadino
Home security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a display that notifies criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are outfitted with a number of additions all designed to enable total protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions help you to have the most from video surveillance in San Bernadino.
How To Set Up Your San Bernadino Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your security cameras is installing them in the right areas within your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart move to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to move around to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear view of your front door, front walk, and patio, garage, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas around your house that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your visitors should be a primary regard before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in San Bernadino. The additions listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant notifications on your smart device anytime unusual motion is detected. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your video surveillance to record and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone via the device. Via your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, provides a more comprehensive look at any space. Opt for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date texts when the see unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in San Bernadino is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (909) 247-3368 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your security system today.