Today's home security options are becoming more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to fail to perform simple security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in San Bernadino, you can simply leave the house and make your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In San Bernadino For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to interact with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by grouping all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries around your home and program what actions you want to take place as you cross the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your property, you can set your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are some of the components you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home’s security system in San Bernadino. When you download the security app, you are able to make the most of home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment activate when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Set a scene: Create scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Make your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and thermostat levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set the security system as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in San Bernadino
Whether you’re looking for extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (909) 247-3368 or send in the form below to start designing your optimal security system.