Valuable Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In San Bernadino
Deterrence is a critical facet of your home’s defense, and one of the top ways to keep prowlers away from your property is by using lights. A properly lit exterior not only looks great, it’s also less likely to have break-ins. If you want to improve your property’s security, check out these valuable recommendations for home security lighting in San Bernadino. We have some ideas for outside and inside illumination that will assist your family.
Add Security And Charm With Outdoor Lighting
The right type of landscape lighting and well-positioned surveillance cameras will go a long way in keeping prowlers away from your residence. Implement the following San Bernadino exterior lighting suggestions.
- Be sure access points are covered: Doors at the front and back of your house remain as the most common places for intrusions. Ensure those access points are covered but don’t forget your garage. While intense motion-detecting floodlights are a common installation for this location, it’s not your only strategy. Instead of blinding your neighbors each time a critter goes past, you can use less obtrusive lights that stay lit all night. Granted, intense, motion-detecting floodlights may frighten off unwanted guests, but having a properly positioned light that stays lit is more likely to keep them off your property to begin with.
- Integrate multi-function task lights: Those enchanting lights next to your paver walkway do more than guide you in the dark. They also allow you to see areas of your yard you may otherwise not be able to from indoors.
- Add style and safety with accents: Not solely for added appeal, accent lights are a smart way to shine light on areas that could serve as places to hide. You can put accents in flower beds outside ground-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or near trees and hedges. These options create a dazzling effect while elevating your safety.
- Shine light on the edges of your property: A thorough lighting strategy should also include your perimeter. Shining light your fence, gates, and outer limits of your property will go a long way to deter trespassers.
How To Enhance Safety With Interior Lighting in San Bernadino
Home security lighting in San Bernadino incorporates more than exterior illumination. Your indoor lights are critical in boosting security too. Smart light bulbs that integrate into your home’s protection are valuable for various reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling functionality: Keep your lights on a schedule and make it appear like people are inside. This is an effective deterrent and a smart plan anytime you’re traveling.
- Access from anywhere: If you leave on a family holiday but neglect to put lights on a schedule, you can still turn them on through your useful smartphone app.
- Linking to other security elements: If the motion detector on your outside camera goes off, you could have your inside foyer light switch on automatically. This functionality is yet another deterrent to burglars.
Deter Theft Even More With A Home Defense Package In San Bernadino From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your well-illuminated residence with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in San Bernadino permit you to automate, access, and control all sorts of smart devices, including your lighting choices. Reach out to (909) 247-3368 today to start customizing a package for your home.